View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogscape View Post
I often wonder about the virtue of selling licenses that last for a 'release' - such as from 5 to 6... Wouldn't it make more sense for your license to last '10-points'? For example, I've only just purchased my license (5.6 but I've got the 5.7 pre-release); in effect, I've purchased 3 'releases' (5.7 to 5.9) if I waited to release 6.0, my license would be valid right up to 6.9 - that's 10 'point' releases.

There's an incentive 'not' to buy. However, if my license carried me from 5.6 through to 6.5 (or whatever) it wouldn't matter to me when I shelled out, but Omni would get my money sooner...

However, on the subject of 5.6 to 5.7, I can't see any difference. Is there a list of revisions?

Many thanks - brilliant product!
There wasn't a 5.2, 5.3 or 5.4. Revision numbers are typically created based on the amount of changes between each. Plus you don't have any idea how long it will be until the next major revision comes out. I know some software companies have major releases every 10 months. That's really annoying. Some do it every 18, but it's been much longer for OW since version 5.

Also, until about a year ago OW was $30. So let's say that was halfway until the next release, then one still gets his money's worth.