View Single Post
O.K. I heard that from support as well but I'm still not sure I get the decision process. I'm right handed so I hold the iPad in my left hand and use the fingers on my right hand to interface with the device (thumb is pretty rare). I don't really use landscape orientation very often. I guess I use it if I'm really using the menu / selector area heavily but generally I just want to see what I'm working with right now not the clutter down the left side (this goes for many apps, not meant to be overly negative or directed solely at OF). That and the fact that portrait generally is more comfortable for me while I'm working.

I guess I can almost see it if one would hold it in both hands like a steering wheel then the right thumb / right orientation makes some sense but I'm usually using my right hand for other things as well (mousing, typing, jotting down notes, phone calls, etc.).

Long story short, I'm pretty much going to drop it at this point as the different checkbox orientation isn't even necessarily that big of a complaint of mine. It was clearly a design decision, I don't 100% agree with it but it's not the end of the world. I'll either use the program or not. I'm not sorry I spent the money and I will continue to watch how it develops. And lest I sound completely negative; I do love the Forecast functionality, Review works very well on the iPad and syncing has been fairly bulletproof for me. This IS the program I'm using now and I don't absolutely hate it it's just maybe a 4 instead of 5 star for me.

Thanks for everyone's input.