View Single Post
Hm, one use I had for multiple tags in Things (when I was still using Things) was for daily tasks that I could do either at home or at work, like "do a stretching exercise".

The way I do it in OF:
* have a context @home, @work and @anywhere
* have a perspective ToDo@work and a perspective ToDo@home, with the contexts @work and @anywhere showing up in the first, and the contexts @home and @anywhere showing up in the second.
I don't have a lot of other contexts (@WF, @errands, @Husband, that's about it), so this works to split my list into stuff that I want to see at work and stuff that I want to see at home.

In Things I would use only 2 tags: @home and @work, and stuff that I wanted to have showing in both contexts I would tag with both tags. Worked fine for me.

In addition, I would have tags like #Today, #Thisweek, #Thismonth, etc, but this never worked out exactly as I intended. It worked for a few days, but then I would start to feel overwhelmed and think up another tagging scheme to indicate priority levels. With OF, I'm forced to have only priority level: flagged or unflagged, which better corresponds to effective working habits: you do a task or you don't. :-).

So yes, having multiple tags (or contexts) seems like a nice option, but I'm doing perfectly fine without them.