View Single Post
One way I've mentally handled the lack of discounts in the App Stores is to be on the look out for 15-20% off iTunes cards.

Using the Logic 9 to Logic X example, if you buy $200 worth of iTunes cards at 20% off, then the "upgrade" pricing to Logic X is just $160.

$160 for Logic X vs $400-600 for Pro Tools 11 is a huge difference - to make one comparison. Every version of Pro Tools is at least $400 of upgrade costs.

Or the "upgrade pricing" for OF1 to OF2 for iPhone is $14 instead of $20. I have yet to see _anything_ on the App Store for $14 that is the caliber of OF iPhone.

Yes, you have to be patient. Yes, it's not ideal nor considerably cheaper. But it's how I've learned to reconcile my desire for "the new" and the desire for "the deal".

I still don't see why it's impossible to have a mailing list for time based deals. I know they have my e-mail anyway. That seems to take care of the customers not finding out about the time window.

There appears to be only a week of notice that OF iPhone 1 was no longer going to get support. That's fine as long as it works, but the blog made it sound like "it should/will probably work okay". I've been using it since it first came out so it was worth it, but if it starts breaking I'll become annoyed.

Brandon