View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eike View Post
Ok, now after having read all posts in this thread, I realize it is a known problem with nested projects, i.e. the assignment of a project via MailTags only works at the very first level of OF (projects directly under "library").

As I use folders to distinguish between different areas of responsibility, I would greatly appreciate if anybody find a way to make this script work with nested projects.
Is there a solution to this problem?

Most of my project are also nested within areas of responsibility. MailTags can see the nested projects, but the script creates a new "Miscellaneous" single action list and assigns tasks to that list, if I try to use a second-level project.

If there is no solution, the next best workaround would be to have tasks sent to the Inbox, rather than to a new "Miscellaneous" list, where I'm likely to lose them.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Update: I solved the problem of the new "Miscellaneous" list by changing OF preferences to "Clean Up Inbox items which have Both a Project and a Context." When the nested project fails, the task now stays in the Inbox. So, the only remaining question is whether there's a way to assign tasks automatically to nested projects with MailTags + a script. Thanks!

Last edited by ccgfour; 2012-10-09 at 09:41 AM..