View Single Post
I Just sent the following email to support. If anyone here has any suggestions I would appreciate it!

Sent at 10:07pm EST:

Hello!

Please HELP!

I was working in the OmniFocus iPad app and suddenly, I lost a LOT of data!!! For no apparent reason. The first thing I noticed was a medium length (approx. 15 step) Project I was working on. Clicked Done and the next thing I saw was ONLY 2 STEPS remained - the first 2 in the series!!! It was a copy of a template I made by copy and pasting an Action set. So, I was annoyed but thought at least I had the template. WRONG!! The original template had been altered, too!!! When I tried to find the copy Project - it is completely gone!
Then I started looking in different Projects, and my longest (45 steps, not a template or copy and paste duplicate, but a week old original) was now only 1 step!!! I tried Undo, but no luck!

I checked on my iPhone, and the template and 45 step lost project are still there. But I am afraid to open the iPad or iPhone app for too long for fear that the iPad will sync and erase the ones from the iPhone. I have no idea if there are other items missing - I thought I'd better shut the app down rather than risk it syncing (with omniFocus Cloud) and altering what was still on the iPhone!

I do not have the desktop OmniFocus app...

Please, please help! I quickly took screenshots on my iPhone of the missing steps (that i know of!!!) so I can re-input them into the iPad if I have to, but I'm talking about a lot of data here and possibly much more. I usually input on my iPad and sync the iPhone later...

I LOVE this app but now I am scared and don't trust it!!!

Hopefully!
(me)

Last edited by RedHead; 2012-05-18 at 11:09 PM.. Reason: Change title