View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEP
I can't imagine any other reason why the distinction between purple next actions and every other next action would exist. They're all "next actions". That's why they're active on the list. If they can't be done "next", meaning right now, they have no business showing up as active actions in the Context view.
As I mentioned in a thread back in May, they may all be logical next actions (i.e. you could do any of them next, in terms of workflow), they may not all be semantic next actions, i.e. the one you think you want to get done more than the rest. Otherwise the distinction between "next" and "available" simply collapses. Since you can drag actions to reorder them in a parallel project, it might be useful to have the first action distinguished from the others. (It's useful for me, at least.) If the distinction doesn't matter, then you can just change the style for next action to make it identical to available actions (since, in a sequential project, only one action at a time is available).