View Single Post
Hard to see how OmniFocus could be causing a kernel panic! You're getting a message like shown in this Apple document? http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1392

Who are "the mac people"?

If you are syncing between OmniFocus on your Mac and your iPad, you have a complete copy of your data on your iPad (and possibly elsewhere, if you aren't using Bonjour syncing). The OmniFocus database lives in the Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/OmniFocus.ofocus file in your home directory. I would make a backup before removing the application and its associated files (Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/, and Library/Preferences/com.omnigroup.OmniFocus) but you should also be able to recover from the iPad's copy if needed.

Most Mac OS X kernel panics I have seen have been hardware related, often memory problems as dave256 suggests. I had some bad memory years ago that only seemed to fail when I ran OS X, not OS 9. Then I booted a RAM disk program in OS 9, set aside nearly all of memory as a RAM disk, ran a disk corruption tester on the RAM disk, and a flood of error messages came out. Either OS 9 wasn't stressing the memory sufficiently, or just wasn't trapping the errors. OmniFocus might just be stressing your machine in a different way and triggering the underlying problem.