Thread: Appointments
View Single Post
I know this topic has been the subject of heated debate among GTD purists, but I would say a great way to implement this would be to have a feature where you could choose to sync an action to ical's task list... OR to ical's actual calendar, or to nothing at all. Ideally, I would like to be able to choose which OF actions show up in ical as events, and which just show up as tasks. Of course I would love to ditch ical totally as well... but I do need to be able to look at events and appointments in a calendar view on my desktop as well as the iphone, and so I am stuck with ical.

I am using OF for well... EVERYTHING in my life and work (ha ha) and don't spend a day where I don't essentially "live" in the program. Right now I enter all tasks, projects and meetings in OF, and meetings, project start and end dates, hard deadlines etc. in ical. (I also import projects into OP about once a week to send out reports to some of my coworkers.) This OF / ical arrangement works fine... until a project's many deadlines change, which requires me to carefully change project start and end dates in both programs. (PITA) Of course this is where an integration of OF / OP and ical would be ideal!

I agree with mitchellm's point of view and suggestions as well :) Personally, I don't see how choosing to sync with ical's events vs ical's tasks would change much in OF... it would just change where the info shows up in ical. So GTD folks would not have to worry about their program really changing :)

Last edited by CorgiGirl; 2008-10-16 at 05:10 AM..