Thread: Web Interface
View Single Post
I just tried the web interface and got it to work over my work's intranet.

One problem though was that the button that was send link in mail, was sending the wrong IP address out. It was my airport IP address from home, not my ethernet IP which was my currently active internet connection.

I tried turning off airport and restarting the web interface to see if this would work and it wanted to send out the same IP address that was incorrect.

I tried port 3000 on my PowerBook's IP address from my work ethernet connection and presto! it worked!

Pretty nifty, although I am using it on Safari on windows and it has the "iPhone interface", still neat.

Idea though, please oh please enable this to work as a web app in compliment to the desk app. I use Mac personally and am forced to use Windows at work. If I could use OmniFocus on my Macs and then at least be able to view my projects and contexts lists online without having my Mac online and accessible would be awesome.

How would this work? OmniFocus runs on the Mac locally and syncs or backs up its files to an online server (or even .Mac?). You have an offsite and online backup of your OmniFocus file. Then using a web app you can view and manipulate your projects and contexts lists. Maybe this could be a separate website in unison with OmniFocus or maybe OF could backup to .Mac and using a special website hosted on .Mac with user authentication one could view and manipulate their OF file on the .Mac server. Also, with the .Mac service you could keep your Mac portable and desktop in sync as well.

Also, maybe you could allow multiple backups to .Mac from a week and a month ago (or other designated time lengths) for that extra warm fuzzy feeling of security with having multiple offsite backups.

Just some thoughts... but the web app being accessible on a Windows machine without having to keep my Mac online would be wonderful for me. It doesn't have to have all the functionality of the OmniFocus app, but some limited manipulation would be nice.