View Single Post
What I've been doing (and am still working on making work fully...) is flagging every task I expect to do today during a daily review, and pausing every project I expect to not work on this week during a weekly review.

What I'd really like is an app that uses local notifications to pop up and assist me with focus.

The app "WhereIsMyTime" is a step in the right direction. Unlike traditional time trackers, you don't turn it off. Ever. You tell it what you are doing next.

What I want is an app that looks at my calendar and my to do list. Pops up when the calendar says I should be doing something, and, instead of going away, lets me select whether I will do it, or want to be reminded again, reschedule, or drop it.

For to do tasks, I want it integrated into OF's data. I want it to show me my flagged tasks. I select one. After an appropriate interval - 30 min, say, but customizable - it pops up again and asks if I did, in fact, do that, and lets me retroactively change what I did if I did something else. It then asks me what I will do next, showing me the appropriate data from OF.

You can probably guess that I have ADD and have very few static, fixed things on my schedule.

Today, I need to go somewhere at any time between 9 and 5. I know what I need to do for work. So I'm not looking at my list very often. I've tried putting flexible events on the calendar, but calendar apps beep at you a single time and go away. You need to immediately deal with them.

Now, it's past lunchtime so I should eat and work rather than try to figure out what my ideal productivity tools would be :)