View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
Worth remembering, however, that Omnigroup's ratio of programmers to products is far from generous.

Not sure whether this is more deeply rooted in the financials or in the geography, but it's not clear how well placed they would really be to take on yet another product ...
I´m only guessing now, but I would think that a lot of delay can be explained by the fact that apple has had a had time figuring out how Sync Services was supposed to run with MobileMe/iCloud. I have heard other major third party developers complain about the fact that apple has kept changing directions with regards to syncing for the last 3-4 years, without keeping developers posted. To me, the Omni Sunc Server is a hint in that direction.

I also think that we need to acknowledge the fact that Omnigroup did set a pretty tight roadmap for their iOS-future, and that they pretty much stuck to their words.

Finally, Omnigroup-forums are not, as opposed to pretty much all other developers of productivity-apps forums, cluttered with complaints about usability-issues. The just seem to work the way they are intended. Which is not comme-il-faut these days...