View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luhmann
I have high hopes for OmniFocus when it comes out, but those desperate for something as good as KGTD, even a little better, that works now might wish to try iGTD. As of the latest release it is the first real alternative to KGTD I've seen for Mac OS X. It is a solid and well thought out program which includes iApp integration and a QuickSilver plugin, and all the GTD goodness you'd want. I can easily imagine how something like OmniFocus could be even better (especially on the GUI front), but at least there is no need to wait indefinitely to start getting things done.
I tried iGTD recently, and at first I was greatly impressed... it is a very nice program - but it is missing one essential feature that makes it completely unusable for implementing GTD. It sorts all tasks within projects alphabetically, and gives you NO WAY to reorder the tasks! This has been discussed on the iGTD forums, and the author plans to implement this, but until then it's useless. Projects don't proceed in alphabetical order! The "next action" is not necessarily the next in the alphabet.