View Single Post
I realize that what I'm about to ask may go against the GTD grain, but it is part of my current process... so here goes.

I have a project called 'daily review' - in it are a list of actions that are part of my daily review. Ie, clean inbox, sync ipad, etc.

They are set to begin at 5 each day, be due at 7 each day, and start again 1 day after completion.

FYI, I don't use due dates a lot because I'm trying to get beyond deadline based working, but I think they are useful for specific things like this.

So, sometimes I can't do something on my review - I'm out of town and don't have my ipad - so, if on Day 1, everything is due, and I do some of it, but don't clean the list, on Day 2 I have some overdue actions. If I clean the list to 'reset' it on Day 2, the actions don't become available till Day 3.

What I would like is to make the actions so that if they don't get done by midnight on the day they are due, they reset automatically. That way I'm not beset by overdue actions that I now don't want to do till later in the day. I know it's just visual clutter, but that's the whole point. Does anyone know if there is a way to make a repeating action 'reset' at midnight if not done? There may be a simple way that I'm just not seeing...

thx