View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEP
I have a related issue. I have a sequential sub-project under a parrallel project. The first item in the sub-project is not highlighted purple as a next action even though it is one. I'm sure Omni plans to address this one already, but I'll let them know by report anyway.
The current definition of next action allows only a single next action in a project. For example:

Code:
 - Parallel parent project 1
    - Sequential subproject
        - Action 1 (<-- single next action for project 1)
        - Action 2
    - Action 3 (<-- available action, but not the next one)

- Parallel parent project 2
    - Action 4 (<-- single next action for project 2)
    - Sequential subproject
        - Action 5 (<-- available action, but not the next one)
        - Action 6
    - Action 7 (<-- available action, but not the next one)
If I understand correctly, you would like Action 5 above to be marked as a next action also. I wouldn't be so sure that Omni plans to address this. The current definition of a single next action per project is clean. I haven't seen a better definition of next action that would work consistently.

I argued elsewhere that all children of a parallel project should be Next Actions. In my example, that would be actions 1, 3, 4, 5, and 7. But it turns out that is actually the definition of Available Actions, so it doesn't make sense for that to be used as the rule for Next Actions. So I just use the Available Actions filter and ignore the style difference between purple and black.

Curt