View Single Post
whpalmer4,

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to my thread!

The process you describe is basically what I do now. I have my Projects set up, and I mark them as complete when I complete some or all of the action items that give me the outcome. For the repeating ones, I manage it as you describe as well. I know it seems a bit clumsy, but OmniFocus is the only task management software out there that even lets me come close to managing my life in this way.

I have a Perspective set up that allows me to the see my available (active) Projects sorted by due date, which is cool except that I had to manually go in there and close each of the 30 disclosure triangles so I can quickly and easily scan my outcomes for the week in the main window. I'd be extremely happy if there was a way close all of these disclosure triangles in one fell swoop. You showed me how. You made my day.

By no means am I lazy, so I do not mind taking a few extra clumsy steps to make OF work for the way I think :) If OF implemented those solutions that you just proposed it definitely would make my day/week/month/year!

You gave me a great idea. I currently use single action lists to house related information, descriptions of ideas, etc that I need to have at my fingertips to remind me of the purpose or direction of a particular project or folder. I put them on hold so they do not show up under available projects.

I just might start using single action lists to house my outcomes, and use projects to house real projects. In my mind, projects are results that will take more than one 'outcome' to achieve. Totally an unintended outcome my initial post, but thanks for this 'duh' moment for me as well.

Cheers,

BazzBeat