View Single Post
Here's an example. Let's say I was at a youth softball game one fine Sunday morning, and I thought "hey, it might be interesting to be a youth softball coach!" I capture that thought in my trusted system, "investigate youth league coaching". It's not a project (yet, anyway): it's just a single action I can do in 20 minutes of online surfing.

Somehow, that never happens. Maybe I saw a Law & Order episode where the coach gets killed for not playing some kid enough. Too much stress.

I can put a date on the action, maybe even several years in the future, but I want to mark it as "On Hold" because perhaps during my review, I will change my mind.

Or I want to mark it as "Dropped", 'cause I'm just not going to do it, but hey, I want to know what stuff I "dropped" in case I change my mind (again).

Since "investigate youth league coaching" isn't a project, I can't do any of this. Instead, I have to make it a project with no actions, and then put it On Hold.

I could get into the whole "making this single action a project" issue, but I won't bother. It appears to be a lost battle.