View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humbro View Post
I would like spotlight to show the matching context name(s), so that I could bring up the context list in OF by clicking it in spotlight. I guess what I'm looking for is a way to effectively access a context list without using the mouse.
You said "clicking it in spotlight" -- how are you doing that without using the mouse?

And to clarify, by "context list" you don't actually mean a list of contexts, but a list of actions in a specific context, right?
Quote:
I use spotlight for this with projects all the time, so it seemed natural that it should work for contexts too. You don't think so?
Not saying anything of the sort.
Quote:
In the unlikely situation that I have a project, an action and a context all with the same name, I think spotlight should show all three. I see what you're getting at, but I don't really think that would be problematic.
As a developer myself, I tend to look critically at suggestions which I find to be loosely specified (meaning important details are left out, or the language permits multiple, incompatible interpretations). This isn't always warmly received by the one making the suggestion :-) Not doing so, however, is usually a good way to end up with something that doesn't work reliably or predictably, or doesn't work the way the suggester expected. As it is, I don't get the feeling from the exchange so far that if I could point some programmer at this thread and say "go implement Humbro's suggestion" that what would result would necessarily be what you want, or even if it did turn out to be what you want, whether that is the best solution available.