View Single Post
Hi all!
I'm trying to use OGP5 to diagram some Crestron programming that I do.
They use basic logic symbols and I want to build a stencil that I can use to show connections between the symbols. I have looked at the logic symbol stencils and they are a good start, but I need to extend or reduce the number of connections. For example, the "AND" symbol has four inputs and one output. I might need a version that has eleven inputs and one output. There are other symbols such as buffers where I might need to have 2 or more inputs and a like number of outputs plus an enable line input.

It would be very time consuming to create a new symbol for each number of inputs and outputs on a given symbol.

In the Crestron programming software (think of creating a circuit, but you can't draw lines to connect the points between the logic symbols, you name the inputs and outputs, like named connections are connected) you can use the ALT+Equals combination to add inputs and outputs to a symbol. and ALT+minus to remove them.

Is there a way to make such an extendable symbol that would let me add another label for the output and another matching connection point for "wires"?

To start with, a simple rectangle with a label at the top to tell what it is, with magnetic points on the sides (for the "wires" to stick to), and line for a label either inside or outside the rectangle that lines up with the magnet for wire connections would be great start.

Is this possible? or am I asking too much?

Danny
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sample Symbol Library.jpg
Views:	862
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	844   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sample Analog.jpg
Views:	824
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	845   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sample 1.jpg
Views:	937
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	846   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sample serial.jpg
Views:	808
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	847   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sample Conditional.jpg
Views:	776
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	848  

Last edited by dghpts; 2009-01-27 at 12:13 PM..