View Single Post
I think that a lot of folks still haven't fully mastered the art of perspectives. It is a beast to master because OF version 1's UI is not quite user-friendly. Many folks and beginners may be happy with the standard edition and may probably never craft their own perspectives or use Applescripts in OmniFocus.

However, there will be some of us who will want to upgrade to the Pro edition so that we can have our own custom perspectives or use Applescripts. You sound like a candidate who would opt for the pro edition. So, I don't think you should worry too much about the reduction of view options in OF2 if you get the pro version.

It will probably be some time before Omni gets around to version 2 of the iOS versions. For the moment, most people see the iPhone version as perfect for checking off tasks and looking at available tasks when going mobile and away from the Mac. The iPad version is probably best suited for work on the go when you're away from your Mac. Meanwhile, the Mac version is probably your command center where you do the bulk of your OF work.

It would be awesome if the iOS versions can be brought up to the equivalent of each other.

I personally don't like sorting my projects alphabetically. I use the sort order to imply a sense of importance. I'll drag a project higher up the list to imply that this is a higher priority project. If I set a project's status to "On Hold", I'll usually drag it lower down the Projects list. This places the Active projects higher up the list. Alphabetizing my projects wouldn't make sense in my setup.