View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
It's not true. A phone number or URL in the action name won't work, but a phone number or URL in the notes field will.
This is a workaround but acceptable. Not a big deal but it will be great if phone/URL in action name will work too. Its probably not that hard and I do not see why they should not.

Quote:
setting up sync on the iPhone is comparable in difficulty to the other syncing iPhone apps that I've come across.
I suggest that we try setting up evernote sync (or facebook "sync"). I do not know of any other iphone app that want you to install webdav server as one possible option.

Quote:
I like how you say "Omnifocus currently offers 4 different ways to sync data from iphone to mac" but then list one that doesn't apply to the iphone to mac case and even point that out yourself :)
Point taken. Technically you are right. However, I will still say that it is listed right there with other options and a user considering which option to use iPhone sync with has to review and understand it. hence, it adds to the complexity of the sync subsystem.

Quote:
But let's explore your idea a bit more: how do you propose that the Mac know what the URL on the Omni-provided server is to be? What authentication means will be provided so that someone can't just snarf random data from that server? How will your desktop know what those authentication credentials are, without introducing comparable complexity to what is there now?
There is this nifty "technology" called "username and password" - I hear lots of folks are using it on the internets !!

----
Tarun
http://tarun.me