View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdiadamo View Post
Add me to the list of people that hope that Omni is reading these posts, and looking at ways of making OF more flexible; the fact is that most people who need a task management solution are by definition "knowledge workers", that is, we don't crank out widgets, and is today's world iphones and macbooks and ipads (yes, I am being Apple-centric, because Omni is), many people can do most things in most any place. Accordingly, as opposed to 2001, contexts are, although not irrelevant, far less important. Yes, I can only mow the lawn when I am home, but I can email from just about anywhere on the planet.
A glance at the output from Curt's Where to Focus widget (below) shows that I also have what might be regarded as an imbalance in distribution of actions in contexts. (The obscured count is 1,661!) I don't find it to be a problem, though; the context mechanism is still useful for sifting through all the actions which do have distinct contexts. For the ones in the big pile, they'll get picked out based on project, start/due date, review, etc. Having the same context assigned doesn't interfere with the choice any more than not having a context concept at all would, so far as I can tell. Am I missing something?

As for CatOne's complaint about filters that don't work in project mode, I must be missing something. How is a display of just the flagged and/or due actions, with the rest of the project missing, any more helpful than the flagged and/or due view in context mode? That seems to be a great example of where you only care about individual actions, and they work the same in context mode whether you use 0, 1, 10, or 100 contexts.

Quote:
OF has been little more than tweaked for an awfully long time.
I wonder what the people who work on it think about that statement! Just because a change doesn't totally revamp the UI shouldn't be taken as reason to conclude it was an inconsequential amount of work...
Quote:
I understand that it is not Omni's flagship product
Which product do you think is Omni's flagship product, and why?

Quote:
Right now, I would have left OF if not 3 HUGE things: easy ubiquitous capture, review, and the fact I have been committed to it since 2007. Those are for the moment enough to keep me, but I don't think for much longer.

Here's hoping that there is something on the not too distant horizon.
Left it to go where? Is there something out there that offers a new/different way of doing things which is a significant improvement?