View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyotter View Post
On first, perhaps a good soul at Omni will explain this, as I'm sure with their track record they will have given it some thought!

On second, so you think iThoughts HD is worth shelling out for? Expand please!

PS. I'm curious about Word reading the html as a table; is that the indenting of levels?
Yes, OO exports htm with tables and bullets, all of which has to be undone if you want to use it in a word processor.

iThoughts HD is the most robust mind mapping tool available on a mobile device. It can export and import in tons of formats and is pretty speedy as well. The fastest mind mapping tool for just getting notes down is myMind. I usually start in myMyind, move to iThoughts and then finally OmniOutliner.

It is so frustrating that it stops there though. OO is by far the most expensive of the bunch yet it is the least workflow aware. In this regard it isn't really much better than paper. Everything from the clunky cover flow file browser to it's lack of a decent and compatible export format mean that I'm having a big problem justifying the expense.

Thing is, I love OO on the Mac. I love Omni as a company. I desperately WANT this to work. So I will persist in trying to shoehorn it into my routine. I like everything that is in OOiP except the file browser, I just want more.

Last edited by HappyCatMachine; 2011-05-19 at 10:58 AM..