Thread: OF Overload?
View Single Post
I suspect that this would overload OmniFocus. When I started using OmniFocus, I tried to store a lot of extra material in it, mostly about hobbies - garden plants, sewing pattern numbers, perfumes of interest, books of interest, and so on. It didn't like it. :) It didn't crash, but it slowed down severely.

I've considered whether to make a feature request around this problem, but I'm not sure what to ask for - maybe lists on OmniFocus that don't have to be processed as tasks, and can therefore be longer with less slowdown? Essentially, OmniOutliner inside OmniFocus?

But meanwhile, I think that putting a lot of non-actionable items into OmniFocus is generally a mistake. If I were using it to manage expenses or bookkeeping, for example, I might flow receipts _through_ it, but I wouldn't keep them available for reference.

For example, I might use the quick entry to enter "Record Chili's, lunch, work expense, $14.79, MasterCard." with a context of "Quicken Entries". And then to work the action I'd enter that information into Quicken, and file the paper receipt in a general folder for receipts for the month or year. But then I'd let the OmniFocus action archive off, or even delete it.

Gardener