The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How to see items in all contexts except for 1? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've got a context called "Future" for stuff in any project that I want to do later on. If I go into Context view, and click on "Contexts", I can see everything in all contexts that I have to do. However it still shows me the "Future" context stuff. If I make Future "inactive", so I can only show everything else but that, then I can't move any items to that context (unless I make it active again, move stuff to it, then inactivate it again, but that's annoying)

Is there a way for me to more fine-tune the view filters, or is this it for now?

Why don't you move your context for "Future" to the bottom of your context list in the sidebar and collapse it in the outline. There it will be out of the way, yet still be available when you want to drop something into it, and OF will remember that it is collapsed.

Thanks for the idea - that does work, except I've been looking at everything in "ungrouped" mode so I can get the nice big list. That does work great if I have it in "context" mode instead of ungrouped, but do you have any ideas for the ungrouped view?

Would it work to make that context active, but not allowing next actions, rather than inactive?

Just tried that - it still shows up in the Ungrouped view, but the actions are grayed out now. However if I change one of the other filters to "Available" instead of "Remaining" then it works. That'll work for now, seems pretty convoluted to do that instead of just saying "show all except this context". :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhedstrom View Post
"show all except this context"
Try this:

Instead of highlighting "Contexts", highlight all the individul contexts except "Future";

OR

create a new context called "Now", nest all the contexts except "Future" under "Now" (as subcontexts), and select "Now".

Those do the same thing, selects everything but "Future". The first option wouldn't be as tedious as selecting each time if you saved it as a perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhm2006 View Post
Try this:

Instead of highlighting "Contexts", highlight all the individul contexts except "Future";
... and then make a perspective out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvonk View Post
... and then make a perspective out of it.
That worked - doing the highlight thing,and then making a perspective out of it. I haven't really used perspectives too much before, but I'm sold now. Thanks guys.