The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Oh crap - OF iPhone stuck Optimizing Database Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've got the newest version of OF iPhone. It's been great so far. The Nearby feature finally works properlly and doesn't crash everytime I check something off! Yes! Thanx!

But... the system just went UNTRUSTED on me. It's stuck Optimizing database. If I close the app, it CRASHES upon launch EVERYTIME. I can suspend/prevent the crash by quickly entering Quick Entry mode. I can enter a new Inbox item, but as soon as I complete that, the app goes back to "Optimizing database".

I'm in a meeting right now, trying to record important info I need to follow up on. Oh.... and I'm typing this forum post. ;-)

What just happened? Sorry, can't send help from the app because it keeps crashing.

Brandon

Rebooting the phone did not help.

Don't be impatient, just let it run to completion. Once in a while during the alpha test I had it take a long time, but it would be fine after that if I let it finish.

It's been cranking for 10 minutes now. I've never seen anything over 7 minutes even from the early days of OF iPhone.

How long of a wait are you suggesting?

Okay, 10 minutes seems too long, even for my outlandish database. Give Omni a call and see if they want you to mail it to them for debugging/salvage. 1-800-315-OMNI.

Had to delete app and reinstall and resync. Lost a couple of Inbox items, but I am back to normal now.