The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Context for multiple devices Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hey guys,

I have noticed that a lot of OF community has a Mac and an iPhone or a Mac and an iPad or all three and they all run OmniFocus on they devices. In my case I have a Mac and an iPhone both running OF.

Recently I have been critiquing my contexts so they are even more structured and rigid. My iPhone and Mac contexts though have been my main focus. For example I setup a context called "Mac/iPhone" which then has sub-contexts of Online, Offline, Email, and Draft. The reason for this is I can perform that specific action on either device. However I run into situations where this is not the case and I need to be at one or the other. So I also have "iPhone" and "Mac contexts setup with the sub contexts also.

Is this overkill? I have considered trying perspectives, but I still think it would be too cluttered if I went this route so thats why I chose this route. I would like to hear other people's setups too. Any tips or ideas?