The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Tally Completion on a Selected Project Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I am trying to create a simple script to tally the percentage complete on a selected project, where %complete = completed tasks/total tasks. I must admit that I am floundering on issues of windows, documents, contents, and projects (flattened or not). Here is my test starting point ...

Code:
(*
This script calculates a percentage completion on a selected project
*)

tell application "OmniFocus"
	set oC to the content of front window
	set theSelection to (value of every selected tree of oC)
	if ((count of theSelection) < 1) then
		display alert "You must first select a Project to run this." as warning
		return
	end if
	if ((count of theSelection) > 1) then
		display alert "You currently can only select one Project to run this." as warning
		return
	end if
	(*
	if the type of theSelection is not project then
		display alert "You can only run this on a Project." as warning
		return
	end if
	set theNumber to the (number of tasks in theSelection)
        set theNumberCompleted to the (number of completed tasks in theSelection)
        set thePercentage = theNumberCompleted*100/theNumber
	*)
end tell
The first parts work to parse the list for only one project. How do I extract the project from theSelection in order to parse its number of tasks and completed tasks? I also eventually want this script to run on a project that may be selected in either the left or right pane. What caveats apply?

Past the basics, this script could be used in repeat loops to do a statistical report. My immediate end use is to use the percentage completed on a selected project to adjust the value on a corresponding goal in Goalscape.

Thanks!