The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Request for "dependent tasks" Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I just started using OF and I'm loving it so far. I love that it seems streamlined yet flexible. Great job.

Something I noticed a need for as I've set up my extensive project list... dependent actions. I love that a project can be set up to be either serial or parallel in terms of when a task becomes available. I find that, for most of my projects, I have a mid-sized list of actions. Most of these actions can be started right away but occasionally an action is dependent on one other task. I know that I could manage this with subprojects even when I have large projects with subprojects I'm running into a need for sub sub projects to handle this. For now, I'm just putting some of these one off dependent tasks in a waiting for context and then updating the context during a daily review when the task they were dependent on was completed.

Shanana