The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

oFocus size? (long load&sync times) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
1 MB seems large, if you don't have a lot of images or audio recordings in there. If you right-click on the OmniFocus.ofocus file and show package contents, it will reveal a list of .zip files. Counting those (and noting the date stamps on them) is more informative than the total size.
I'm finding that I still have to use the script "CoalesceDatabase.scpt" that Omni released to keep my database under control. It bloated as a result of syncing over MobileMe from laptop to desktop to iphone from 400kB to 1.7 MB in about a week. No attachments were added in that time. :/

I get a few days of zippy performance, then the file gets so large that syncs take way too long. I add a few items to the inbox, the sync takes minutes.