The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

My GTD Set-up with Omni Focus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
2 of the 3 mentioned sound more like reference material than actionable items, no? That's not to say it wouldn't be valuable to have them at your fingertips, but depending on how extensive your database ends up, and how static the reference material is, you might want to store them in a different fashion to keep the application as speedy as possible. At the moment, Omni recommends that the iPhone database be kept to 1,000 actions or less for performance reasons, though it isn't a hard limit. So, your quote collection, for example, you might want to maintain in a PDF file, still using OmniFocus' clipping services to snag quotes as you encounter them for later inclusion in the file, rather than having dozens of actions with one quote each.

My reading list I maintain as a couple of projects. I assign contexts appropriate to how I'll acquire the reading material (bookstore, various library branches, loan, Amazon, read online, etc.) I don't have a lot of material that I need to read by a specific date, so I'm mostly interested in keeping track of things that look interesting, and scheduling doesn't play much of a role for me.