The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Help, student new to GTD and omnifocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi, I'm a med student in need of some help starting using omnifocus. I'd like to plan my day according to location:

Location 1: Campus #1, Hospital, Gym #1
Location 2: Home, Gym #2
Location 3: Campus #3, Gym #3 i.e. school campus, home, and hospital.
On-the-Go/Personal: Low-priority stuff that I can get done on subway/bus, or special occasion type events

When I'm at location 1, I only want to see things that I can do at campus #1, the hospital, or at gym#1 and likewise for the other locations.

Some projects can be done at multiple locations. For instance, there is a gym here at home, one at work, and one at school, and I'd like the gym task/project to show up in any of the three locations until I work out, then I want it to disappear from all three. The workout would probably be a project with be the entire workout listed: action=exercise. (Which brings up another question, can you make a project recurring?)

Several of my tasks require a computer, or require me to remember to bring a book, or remember to bring a gym bag. I'd like to note this in the heading, since macs & gym lockers on campus are spread far apart, and med textbooks can be really heavy. Here's my Ideal

When I'm "On-The-Go/Personal"
-Just random actions, no need for sub-categorization

When I'm at "Location 1"
->Personal Errands (specific to location 1)
->Work Errands (specific to location 1: school/hospital stuff that must be done in person)
->Anywhere with a Computer (also shows up at the other 2 locations: email, research, studying, presentations)
->Bring a Book (also shows up at the other 2 locations: studying)
->Bring a Gym bag (some workouts require equipment specific to location X, others at any of 3 locations)

Repeat for location 2 and 3

Whatever method must work for iphone version also. Any suggestions?