The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniFocus 1.8 sneaky peeks are now available Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrhee View Post

Now one new feature that might solve your issue might be to have the ability to assign a different context to projects/groups themselves that are different than default context (e.g., projects or action groups), that way, we can track these easily in the context view if they show up.

Again, YMMV.
It seems like there is a traction to this idea; so, let me add some more to this. The beauty of this system is to give users the flexibility one needs to manipulate context views. This is one feature that is possible in LB and I have fully took advantage of this feature (although LB still uses the top-level context for all children views, but you can change those manually). So, if OG implement this feature, it would be even better.

This will give people the ability to separate out projects from actions, hide the projects from certain context views (by putting the context on hold), separate out active projects from stalled projects in the context view (by assigning "review" or other context labels to stalled projects), etc. In other words, in LB, I used the outline view to plan my actions, but I've always used the todo view to act. In other words, during the day, my main view will be my context view (in OF terms), and I would never have to worry about anything falling through the cracks, missing, etc even though I never looked at my outline view in LB (e.g., Project view in OF). In OF, I have to keep going back and forth between two views during the day to ensure this did not happen.

So, hopefully, Omni folks are listening.