The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

What's the forecast on the next refinement update? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Quote:
Originally Posted by jctracey View Post
As a new OF for iPad user, in my first few hours I'm thinking it takes too many clicks to quick enter something. If I'm in a list, the + up top requires that I click again to confirm that i want a new action in this project. I think the quick entry icon should be separate.
There's a separate Quick Entry icon in the sidebar which is always visible in landscape mode. I find using that to be faster than using the + if I'm just going to use the Quick Entry feature.

If you are looking at a specific project and want to add an action, even faster than using the Quick Entry option is to tap and hold on the project's top bar (where the name and remaining action count and collapse/expand triangle are) then choose New Action from the popup. No need to fill in the project, unlike with Quick Entry. If you anticipate adding more than one, you can similarly focus on the project, so that the first item in the + list is to add a New Action in the current project.

As always, if you want to make a feature request, you need to email it to Omni, not post it on the forum. Help->Send Feedback in the Mac application, or Contact Omni under the gear menu for the iPad app.