The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

(Partial) OpenMeta support in OmniFocus – great or stinkin’? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Does anyone know if better tagging is going to be implemented in Snow Leopard? I have read a number of different rumors, including a (much needed, IMHO) upgrade to the Finder. This would certainly impact OF, OpenMeta, etc. Just curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdiadamo View Post
Does anyone know if better tagging is going to be implemented in Snow Leopard?
I don't think anyone really knows except the OS X developers at Apple. And anyone with reliable inside information is likely going to keep it to themselves.

Having said that, though, I would be very surprised if the OS X team at Apple hadn't at least considered the idea. So who knows? Personally, I don't think we'll see it in Snow Leopard, but maybe 10.7.

As for OpenMeta, this thread puts wide developer acceptance in question. It's not clear if important design issues are being addressed.

OpenMeta Is a Hack

-Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
I don't think anyone really knows except the OS X developers at Apple. And anyone with reliable inside information is likely going to keep it to themselves.

Having said that, though, I would be very surprised if the OS X team at Apple hadn't at least considered the idea. So who knows? Personally, I don't think we'll see it in Snow Leopard, but maybe 10.7.

As for OpenMeta, this thread puts wide developer acceptance in question. It's not clear if important design issues are being addressed.

-Dennis
Just a note: The developer of Default Folder X is fully supporting OpenMeta and posted a lengthy monologue on his reasons why at this link: http://ironicsoftware.com/community/...page=1#Item_19

We have been waiting for a solution to this problem for a long time and now was the time for us to do something. We are building a robust, stable, and application-independent system for every developer to be able to use. We look forward to any participation from the awesome folks at OmniGroup if they decide to support this initiative.

Cheers!

Tags...yes...tags...yes...

T..a...g...s..is the best

I'd like to also add my voice to the throng clamoring for OpenMeta support. If you're unfamiliar with it, please check out the link in Bullfrog's post above. It's a very clear and thorough examination of what OpenMeta is, what it purports to do, and what the potential problems are.

And to the original poster, my condolences on your loss.