The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Manual sync button seems far away Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I was under the impression that OF on iPhone 4 would continue to sync in the background. Just now I tried testing that and it didn't seem to do that.

I think that one of the iOS 4 background APIs could be used by OF to actually trigger a sync when you moved it to the background, but I'm not positive. I would be very happy to see them implement that by November when 4.2 hits the general public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopi View Post
I was under the impression that OF on iPhone 4 would continue to sync in the background. Just now I tried testing that and it didn't seem to do that.
No, what it can do in the background is some of the data processing that happens after a sync, but not the part of the sync where data flows over the network.
Quote:
I think that one of the iOS 4 background APIs could be used by OF to actually trigger a sync when you moved it to the background, but I'm not positive. I would be very happy to see them implement that by November when 4.2 hits the general public.
I'm sure they would be happy to do it, too :) The issue as I understand it has been that they've been unable to get useful network access working once in the background.