The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Varying effort over time on one task Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
For projects that I'm tracking at a high level, how do I vary effort over time? For example, if I have a person who is working on a task for 2 months, 40% the first month and 80% the second, how do I show this varying effort over time.

I'd rather not create multiple tasks (one for each time period x with given effort y). This would become unwieldy in pretty short order, especially since I'd like to include a baseline for "maintenance of business" that varies from month to month in perpetua.

Is this possible in OmniPlan?

Varying the effort over the duration of a task is not possible at the moment but it is a feature request in our database. For now, the only solution is to create sub-tasks for every time the amount of effort needs to change.