The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How do you properly balance project vs. task work? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I find that my projects are getting neglected. I have way too many individual tasks to get completed (and am starting to move more to someday/maybe project that is "On hold"). I'm doing tasks that are marked for today, but what I think I need is more "project time" where I carve out a larger chunk of time to work on a project. Drucker stated that effective executives need larger blocks of time to be effective; not everything can be timesliced.

How do you do so? Do you block time on the calendar (ie. two hours for this particular thinking-required project)? Or does your thinking come during your weekly planning?