The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
How to get iPad OmniGraffle onto Mac? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have an OG sync server account. I create a document on my iPad in Omni Graffle Professional, Export, Sync Server, but then I have to log into my sync server account on the Web, jump through hoops to find the non-GUI file hierarchy, and then download the file before I can open it in OmniGraffle Professional on my Mac.

This seems like a LOT of steps.

Isn't there a File, Open, Sync Server option on the Mac for OmniGraffle Professional to make this easier?
 
Yes, it's called the Mac OS X Finder.

Mount your OSS volume on your desktop with the Finder's Go->Connect to Server... command, with the volume being https://sync<n>.omnigroup.com/<OSSusername>/

You can set this up as a Login item so it happens automatically.

It may take some experimentation to find the correct number to use for <n> in the URL: start with 1 and go up. I suggested to Omni that it would be useful to actually provide this nugget of info on the OSS account info page, but that idea was dismissed in favor of forcing you to contact the support ninjas.
 
Thank you! I suppose it will all be moot by next summer, when they have the server running for syncing all the programs.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
with the volume being https://sync<n>.omnigroup.com/<OSSusername>/
This is unnecessary for folks on 10.7 or later - this is a workaround for a bug in earlier versions of the Finder. Connect to https://sync.omnigroup.com instead.
 
What Brian means to say is that if you have 10.7 or later, the URL to use is https://sync.omnigroup.com/<OSSusername>/
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
It may take some experimentation to find the correct number to use for <n> in the URL: start with 1 and go up.
No experimentation is required: just go to sync.omnigroup.com/USERNAME in your web browser (such as the one you're using right now) and it will automatically redirect you to the final URL.

(Ideally, you should never need that URL, because everything should handle that redirect properly just like your browser does. But some software doesn't, which is why you might need to look it up in a browser using the above technique and copy and paste the final URL instead.)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
No experimentation is required: just go to sync.omnigroup.com/USERNAME in your web browser (such as the one you're using right now) and it will automatically redirect you to the final URL.

(Ideally, you should never need that URL, because everything should handle that redirect properly just like your browser does. But some software doesn't, which is why you might need to look it up in a browser using the above technique and copy and paste the final URL instead.)
Thanks, that helped me connect using Transmit's WebDAV protocol.
 
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OmniGraffle for iPad 1.8.1 is now available Joel OmniGraffle for iPad 0 2012-11-08 11:08 AM
OmniGraffle for iPad 1.8 is now available Joel OmniGraffle for iPad 0 2012-09-19 05:42 PM
OmniGraffle 1.4 for iPad is now available! Joel OmniGraffle for iPad 3 2010-12-02 03:44 AM
OmniGraffle 1.3 for iPad is now available! Ken Case OmniGraffle for iPad 3 2010-10-06 08:55 PM
OmniGraffle for iPad is $49.95? BwanaZulia OmniGraffle for iPad 66 2010-08-11 04:41 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.