The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Noise of life and overwhelmed by too many OmniFocus actions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
Where did I recently read of a Pentagon general describing her approach to getting things done ? Essentially:
  1. List everything that you need to do,
  2. discard it all except for the 3 key items.

Fairly extreme, and perhaps middle ground is typically more fertile in civilian life, but it could be argued that OF is really best used as a circular file.
A more subtle approach is to drop everything into OF, but at the start of a day, week or other time period, write down a few items on a sheet of paper and work from that, ignore OF completely. Anything left over at the end of the day goes back into OF.

On the piece of paper I have headings 'Do', 'Waiting for', 'Best effort', and 'Doodle'. The fact that it is handwriting makes it terse, and easy to remember.