The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Is it stable enough to jump ship from Kinkless? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OK, all sounds good to me.
I'm imported and up and running....

Bye bye kGTD and OOP !!!!!!!

I'm also using OF as my life manager now -- and I'm more productive as a result!

I haven't been working it too hard. I have yet to explore filters, reviews, or printing, and I only have a few dated items. When recurring / repeating items come, I'll work that feature *hard*. [I hope this is near the top of the ninja's OF list.]

I would think the program is stable enough for non-critical use.

--Liz

I just switched over last night, and I feel more productive. I don't have the loggers enabled so the app screams for an alpha. The quick input panel is my favorite feature so far, and is much easier than the QS applescript.

Personally,
I'm holding out for time estimate totals in the contexts. Without this, I cannot see how full my plate is and will not switch from kGTD. I emailed the folks at Omni and they said they are considering that feature. We already have time estimates so why not I say!

Lloyd

Yeah, a lack of summary kind of makes that field pointless for most uses. I get asked how long a project is going to take much more often than I find myself wondering what to do, and choosing a task based on how much time I have available.

Am I silly if the main I thing I want is to use tab and shift-tab to change outline levels? That fluidity of thinking/breathing/planning was what I loved most about Kinkless, and it was a bit of a rude shock to find that OF didn't work that way...

While it isn't a single-key thing like Tab, you can move stuff around left and right pretty easily still. Cmd-Ctrl-Left/Right Arrow. And of course up and down arrow work for sequence order too. These shortcuts also work in the shelf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithras.the.prophet
Am I silly if the main I thing I want is to use tab and shift-tab to change outline levels? That fluidity of thinking/breathing/planning was what I loved most about Kinkless, and it was a bit of a rude shock to find that OF didn't work that way...
We don't have a visible preference for this, but there is a hidden one:

Code:
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus OOTabShouldNavigateCells -bool false

It is getting pretty good but there are two things holding me back from jumping off of kGTD (and I REALLY REALLY want to jump).

1) Repeating tasks need to be up to snuff with kGTD (repeat, recur, renew)

2) The import from Kinkless does not pull the completed date correctly for Archive. Right now it brings in the date you import it.

Other than that, I would be happy to jump in, full time.

Hopefully they can get these things worked out before June 29th so I can go 100% OmniFocus and iPhone! :)

BZ

Well, the knocked off 1) but added one in that it doesn't import those repeating tasks from kGTD. :(

BZ