The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Most important next action reminders Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Bob, two comments here:

1. Priorities can shift, depending on lots of things. Calling to set up my next dentist appt. may be low priority -- until I chip a tooth. Or your boss goes into panic mode, and your next priority becomes whatever will calm her down.

Generally, if we have our Projects and Contexts set up well, we can scan the list and choose the item we need to do next. As others said, you need to brea your Projects and Contexts down into easy to manage chunks.

2. Bob, you may be at the computer all day, but you have things you may be able to do better at some times than others. Online shopping is a lunch hour thing, and you may want a context for Intense work as well as one for Brainless work.

There's no rule that we have to use contexts for physical places or the tools we have handy. Use them for states of mind, or who needs to be with you, or weather conditions, or whatever seem natural context breaks for you.

--Liz
busy splitting up my Household tasks into multiple projects, so I can put some on hold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizPf
busy splitting up my Household tasks into multiple projects, so I can put some on hold
Yes, the one thing that OmniFocus made clear is I have too many projects! :)

A lot have gone on hold.

BZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton
Prioritization is a part of canoncial GtD. Allen list four things to consider when picking an action to work on. In addition to context, time, and energy, he lists priority.
Yes, but it's the last of those for a reason: once you've narrowed down your action choices by reviewing what context you're in, how much time you've got and how much energy you have you then do the most important out of the possible actions that are left. I don't think that requires tasks to be given priorities in advance and it is part of the flexibility of GTD that it takes account of the fact that priorities can shift minute-to-minute.

One more vote for no prioritising of tasks in OF beyond flagging/dragging, please!