The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OW 5.5 System requirements? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Oh, AVID workstations/production machines are not connected to internet as you can't even run virus protection on them. Antivirus goes nuts when it sees terabyte files :)

Perhaps to some huge storage farm via network but not internet.

Thats why they have luxury not to upgrade to win XP Pro.

Some guys are testing Enterprise 2003 on non critical machines (non time critical editing) though.

Remember that windows 2000 effecting virus/worm creating havoc, breaking news on TV? People asked "What is the big deal?", the deal was the massive amounts of windows 2000 installed at TV stations and stupid administrators connecting them to web. :)

Apple/ OS X based is the most expensive and best (cost effective,reliable) option on AVID of course.

Last edited by Ilgaz; 2006-05-09 at 11:36 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilgaz
AVID
LOL. Bad assumption on my part... I'm used to people not fixing their speeling and grammer [sic] and thought you did all caps unintentionally.

Technical companies love double meaning words you know.

I suspect anyone remember what AVID stands for, must be Audio Video something.

I worked on them, never thought what it originally stood for.

Nobody beats Apple on that. Thanks to Omnidictionary, I learned what "True Blue" means as plain english term and it also has connection with NeXT era /Rhapsody terms. OS 9 support under OS X has process name "trublue" you know.