The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

New to Mac & OSX: OO & OF with Mail.app and iCall or Office 2007 (on Fusion) or Offic Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Thanks very much for the kind words! We're not inherently opposed to integrating with apps other than iCal and Mail; given that we have more feature ideas than we have time to work on the apps, starting with the applications that are installed on every Mac OS X users' machine offers the best return on our development time.

Entourage support is one of the things that we've got on our radar screen - if you'd like to officially add a vote for compatibility, you'll want to send email to omnioutliner@omnigroup.com so the support ninjas can add your email to our development database.

I don't do much word processing beyond the built-in TextEdit application, so I can't really make suggestions of any real depth. I know some folks are big fans of Scrivener, while folks of a screenwriting bent prefer Final Draft. (Mellel also has a following.)

For email, Mail Entourage, and Thunderbird seem to be the big apps on the scene.