The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Why do pages render differently/have problems in Saf/OW? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
yep, here's the exact code:
Code:
/* Form elements */
input,textarea, select {
	color : #000000;
	font: normal 11px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
	border-color : #000000;
}

input.liteoption {
	background-color : #FAFAFA;
	font-weight : normal;
}
(there's a bit more, but that's the main part of it.)

Interesting in that, for the TextPattern login window SP displays a combination of aqua and CSS styled rendering and Safari renders both the 'check box' and 'log in' button in aqua:

SP

Safari

Looks like the login button is styled with CSS and the input field is not. Not sure if checkboxes can be styled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb
Now you mention gmail. This actually should work for you. If you are having issues please let me know what isn't working for you.

Also, make sure you're not spoofing as Safari. Just identify as OmniWeb and things should work.
I have an issue with site preferences. As you say, Gmail works fine if OmniWeb isn't set to spoof Safari. However, Google Maps doesn't work without spoofing Safari. So I either have a non-functional Gmail or a non-interactive Google Maps. Or I have to switch the site prefs for Google constantly. Any solution?

Annoying I know. We'll be trying our best to get this problem addressed once we have a public beta.

(Versus the semi-public sneaky peek releases)

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb
We'll be trying our best to get this problem addressed once we have a public beta.
The SPs are already very good! Looking forward to the PB.

It seems that portals are giving OW some troubles. Both Yahoo and Google have slight problems. Coincidence or is it specific to portals?

Thanks.

Wanted to visit APC and found page display to be 'way off'
http://apc.com/solutions/index.cfm?segmentID=1

Played around with site preferences etc but the frames and text are scrambled.

That page doesn't display correctly in Safari or WebKit either.