The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Convert to black & white not working? [Bug filed] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is it just me or does the 'Convert to black & white' option for printing shows no effect (OF 1.6.1)?

It has no effect for me and never has. I always get color when I print, although since I'm using a b/w laser printer, it turns out lighter shades of gray. Kind of annoying, but not as bad as if I was on a color printer. On my daily task list I don't like seeing the color... just what needs to be done. (And on that note, I wish I could have the option to turn the various date, flag and now recurring columns off when I print).

Eric

I don't bother with the OmniFocus option (which seems to be broken for me as well). Instead, go to the ColorSync options in the print dialog, select Color Conversion: Standard and Quartz Filter: Black & White.

Through some initial testing it appears that resetting to the default OmniFocus style will fix the issue. I have filed a bug report, though.

If you don't find that to be the case, let us know so we can add additional information!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekr View Post
If you don't find that to be the case, let us know so we can add additional information!
Ok, maybe my mistake. I was printing out a list with all project names (all projects collapsed, no actions visible). So, I didn't noticed the following: if the option is on it converts the text color of actions to black. This works for the standard theme and my theme.

What I was looking for was (from the OF help): 'Ignore OmniFocus’s color styling and draw all text in black on a white background.'

White backgrounds don't work neither if I reset to the standard theme (headers still gray in print) nor in my theme (headers and body in theme color).

So something is working, something is not. If the background should be white, it's a bug, if it shouldn't, this would be a feature request. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
I don't bother with the OmniFocus option (which seems to be broken for me as well). Instead, go to the ColorSync options in the print dialog, select Color Conversion: Standard and Quartz Filter: Black & White.
Mhm, I can choose ColorSync for color correction but can't find the dropdown for ColorSync filters anymore. Strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekr View Post
Through some initial testing it appears that resetting to the default OmniFocus style will fix the issue. I have filed a bug report, though.

I tried doing what you suggest (assuming what you mean is resetting my saved theme with the default one... themes = styles?).

First, I had a heck of a time resetting my styles. OF crashed whenever I hit the big reset button at the bottom of the preference window. I could change each style individually with out a crash by choosing one (i.e. Sidebar or Groupings) and using the pull down menu option to "Reset Selected Styles". When I tried to change all of the Main Outline styles at once it also crashed. I finally switched to my Inbox (instead of the full library) and that might have let me reset styles a bit quicker. But by the time I switched to the Inbox, I was resetting one style at a time.

So after finally resetting the styles, I went to Page Setup -> Settings -> Omnifocus and the "Convert to Black and White" was no longer checked off. I did a quick test print (via Preview, not actual paper -- does that make a difference? I wouldn't think so) and, as I would guess, it was in color. I went back to the OF Page Setup settings, checked the "Convert" box, did another test print and... it was still in color.

So, at least for me, your trick didn't work. Or I didn't reset everything because of those OF crashes. I'll try again when tomorrow after I shut down/restart my iBook and see if that changes anything. I'll let you know if it does.

Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by webalstrom View Post
I tried doing what you suggest (assuming what you mean is resetting my saved theme with the default one... themes = styles?).

So, at least for me, your trick didn't work. Or I didn't reset everything because of those OF crashes. I'll try again when tomorrow after I shut down/restart my iBook and see if that changes anything. I'll let you know if it does.

Eric
Thanks Eric. Would you mind sending in an email with a few more details about your setup—OS, your saved theme file, etc. You can send it to omnifocus@omnigroup.com.

The more information gathered, the better!

Last edited by Brian; 2009-05-27 at 02:54 PM.. Reason: make email link clickable