The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Repeating list of tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I agree with the general philosophy of "don't use due dates unless you really mean them". But I can't quite bring my procrastinating self to follow it that strictly. I'd suggest a generic "read one chapter" task, with a due date (if you must), repeat once a week (or whatever), and "repeat from completion date". That way, every time you finish a chapter, the next one will be due one week later. If you must keep track of what chapters you have done/need to do, put that in the notes. They should get copied along with all the other task info to the next instance of the task. Then if things get delayed, moving the one task's due date will relatively move them all.