The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Clipping "didn't respond to request" [CAUSE:Corrupt app. Reinstall from our website.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Did you have OmniFocus running when you used the clipping shortcut?
Yes.

Quote:
Which version of Mac OS X and Safari are you using?
When reported:
Safari was at least 3.2.1
Mac OS X 10.5.6

currently,
Safari Version 3.2.3 (5525.28.3)
System Version: Mac OS X 10.5.7 (9J61)
Kernel Version: Darwin 9.7.0
OmniFocus-1.6
Tag: OmniFocus/1.6/GM-v77.16.3
Date: 2009-03-11 21:44:36 -0700
Revision: 110061

I re-tried clipping from Safari today. I got the same result.

Quote:
What happens if you select some text and then use the Services command under the application's eponymous menu to invoke the OmniFocus: Send to Inbox service?
I tried Safari : Services : OmniFocus Send to Inbox, and got the same result.

Quote:
Does the problem persist after a reboot?
Yes.

Quote:
Firefox doesn't support services. No clipping from Firefox (or Thunderbird) without some extra hoop-jumping on your part.
Please post a link to a set of set of hoop-jumping steps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowered View Post
When you are asking for help on a user forum, I think it is more polite to make at least an effort to search the forum for the answer before asking people to repeat them. That said, if you search the omnifocus extras forum for "bookmarklet" I'm sure you will come across a generously-contributed bookmarklet / script combination that provides clipping from Firefox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowered View Post
I don't use Firefox or Thunderbird, so I didn't know the details off the top of my head, just that it doesn't work out of the box and that with enough effort just about anything can be made to fly.

As for your clipping difficulties with Safari, I can only suggest you try emailing omnifocus@omnigroup.com or using Help->Send Feedback to report this. Maybe one of the developers has an idea as to what could cause this. The cases I recall it turned out to be a problem with the keyboard shortcut, but as you can't get it to work with the menu command either, there might be something else at the bottom of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steuben View Post
I've got a peculiar problem: no matter in which application I have text selected (or an email subject in Mail.app), an attempt to clip the selection fails with this error:

The “OmniFocus: Send to Inbox” service could not be used because the “OmniFocus” application did not respond to a request for services.
Try reopening “OmniFocus,” or contact the vendor for an updated version.

The rub is that OmniFocus is running and responsive.

~~~~
Update: solved thru reinstallation
I have the same problem as Steuben. Clipping does not work in safari 4 (not beta) and mail (only two i tried). same error message. did you eventually find a solution? thanks

Uh, doesn't the last line of the post you quoted say "solved thru reinstallation"? Did reinstalling OF fail to solve the problem for you?

Curt