The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

MailMe Text app for quick message to Actions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosgp View Post
I would like to report a problem with this. Omnifocus is not deleting the "MailMe:" prefix. If I change "MailMe:" for "--" the prefix is deleted.
Yes, I'm now having that problem too ☹
It seems to have cropped up since the upgrade to 1.7.5
Any Omni-folk have any insights as to why this might be happening?
tia

I believe this is a MailMe thing. MailMe was recently updated and the release notes say "The 'MailMe' prefix in the subject line is back (on common request)."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
I believe this is a MailMe thing. MailMe was recently updated and the release notes say "The 'MailMe' prefix in the subject line is back (on common request)."
Thanks Greg, I think you're right. What a pity. I've contacted the MailMe Text developer. Perhap's he will make it an optional function.

A prefix is needed to detect which mails send to the inbox. It is specified in the omnifocus preferences and it should be deleted by omnifocus, shouldn't it?

I could be mistaken, but I don't think the script modifies the email subject, other than to strip out a 'Fwd: ' prefix if the email had one. The prefix specified in OmniFocus' email preference is used to create the Inbox rule in Mail, and that rule calls the script which is in the OmniFocus bundle.