The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OF Dashboard Widget: OmniFidget (Leopard Only) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Curt: You'll want to look at getContexts.applescript
And please feel free to post a modification of the scripts if you get something like that working.

Lizard: Using Mac OS X 10.4.11 I notice the same problem as abh1 & whpalmer4...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
abh19 & whpalmer4: It is possible that it doesn't play nice with Tiger. I think we only tested it on Leopard since it's just an "extra", though Dashcode claims it should run on 10.4.3+. Anyone else running into this?
I had some time for fooling around with Leopard, and checked this out. OmniFidget works fine for me under Leopard, and not under Tiger. You can click the little 'i' all you want, but nothing happens.

It's actually a cool little widget, I must say...and I'd have the same problem I have with iCal -- too many checkboxes to fiddle with to get my view the way I want, it needs Perspectives :-)

Well, I guess that's the problem. I'm using Tiger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sven.luetkemeier View Post
Lizard: Using Mac OS X 10.4.11 I notice the same problem as abh1 & whpalmer4...
Same here. Running Leopard 10.5.4 and OF 1.0.2. Just two buttons on widget. Does nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by santra View Post
Same here. Running Leopard 10.5.4 and OF 1.0.2. Just two buttons on widget. Does nothing.
You don't have a little 'i' in a circle at the bottom left of the widget? Click on that, the widget flips over and you can select the context(s) desired. Make sure OmniFocus is running before you try the widget.

OK, cool, that allows me to select a context, and then the window is populated. But I only see one task at a time, as if I had "Next" selected in OF. But I don't; I have "Available" selected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by santra View Post
OK, cool, that allows me to select a context, and then the window is populated. But I only see one task at a time, as if I had "Next" selected in OF. But I don't; I have "Available" selected.
That's how it's supposed to work. It just shows you one next action from one of the selected contexts. If you don't want to work on that action, then click "No" and the widget will give you another suggestion.

I think the widget is really just a proof-of-concept that others might pick up and run with.

With that in mind, what would everyone like to see in an OF Dashboard Widget?

The first thing that comes to mind for me is selecting a Perspective and displaying the first one or more actions in that Perspective's context view.

Other ideas?

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
I think the widget is really just a proof-of-concept that others might pick up and run with.
Yeah, the widget was primarily a proof of concept, but using it internally some of us found that it actually had a unique use: Focusing our attention on one thing that was buried in all the other things we could do. Sometimes just getting one thing done gives me enough momentum to get more things done instead of procrastinating. And even if it doesn't, at least I got one thing done.

Pick the right contexts and this makes a neat 'tickler file', as well.